© 2018 Time & Frequency Solutions Ltd
Disclaimer & privacy statements
Tel : +44 1376 514114
Precision GPS/GNSS based NTP Network Time Servers
GPS/GNSS Precision Frequency Standards
Networked Frequency Distribution Units with Redundancy
Quality Network Time Displays and clocks
Networked Time Code Distribution Units with Redundancy
Bus Based Plug In Timing Solutions
FTSU 100 : Advanced Frequency Amplifier Unit
The FTSU range of signal distribution products provide precision programmable frequency and pulse signal amplification, synthesis and distribution in a variety of commonly utilised combinations, delivering favourable performance in secure communications systems and digital broadcasting.
The FTSU range of signal distribution products provide precision programmable frequency and pulse signal amplification, synthesis and distribution in a variety of commonly utilised combinations. These devices deliver favourable performance in high integrity applications such as secure communications systems, satellite ground stations and digital television broadcasting where long term reliability and signal quality are depended upon.
The standard FTSU accepts two sets of input signal source normally comprising 1PPS and the reference frequency (typically 10MHz) delivering automatic “hitless” reference changeover should one of the continuously monitored on-
The reference frequency outputs are generated and cleaned up by a low phase noise oven controlled quartz oscillator (OCXO) that is phase-
Typically 5 and up to 8 (D Variants) synthesized outputs are available at 1MHz, 5MHz,10MHz and 64.8MHz as OCXO phase locked derivatives of the reference signal. Further user specific signal configurations can be achieved with selectable PCB links.
Other synthesised signal frequencies are available upon request. User control of ‘D’ variant units is via a user friendly built-
• 1MHz, 5MHz, 10MHz & 64.8MHz Dual Reference Frequency Inputs with Auto Failover
• Low Phase Noise Reference “Cleaned Up” Frequency Outputs with “Hitless” zero glitch changeover
• Programmable per channel amplitude adjustment via Ethernet interface (D versions)
• Programmable per channel propagation delay adjustment of 1PPS (D versions)
• 1U 19” rack mount : Automatic or manual reference signal selection with fault alarm outputs
• FTSU100 : 5 x 1PPS + 5 x 10MHz :
• FTSU100A : 5 x 1PPS + 5 x 10MHz + 8 x 64.8MHz
• FTSU100B : 5 x 1PPS + 10 x 10MHz + 7 x 64.8MHz
• FTSU100C : FTSU100B with enhanced O/P filter
• FTSU200 : 5 x 1PPS + 10 x 10MHz + 7 x 5MHz + 12 x IRIG B (2U chassis)
• FTSU100D : 8 x 1PPS + 8 x 5MHz + 8 x 10MHz or 8 x 1PPS + 16 x 10MHz (programmable)
• Synthesised output frequencies (Standard and custom version available)
• Two reference signal inputs with automatic switching
• Modulated Time Code Distribution options
• Fault status indication and fault driven reference changeover
In addition to reference frequency and pulse signal inputs, the FTSU range can also be configured to provide modulated time code signal distribution. A combination of factory setup options and internal links make these units highly flexible and configurable for specific applications. Please consult our sales teams for further information.
Front panel indicators show the status of the input selection and output condition along with power status indication. Each of the outputs is continually monitored and should an output fail for any reason, then a group alarm fault indicator will illuminate and trigger a rear panel fault alarm signal that may be used by external equipment to modify the reference and output signal routing and selection.